This meal is a completely vegan dish that is able to somewhat give you the texture, protein and slight taste of tuna, having not played around with this recipe too much one will never really know how to master an awesome vegan dish without many attempts to somehow perfect and get the sign of an approval from a non-vegan.
Feel free to add or omit any ingredients you wish. Adding your own spin on the recipe is always the best part about cooking, so make a mess, be creative and have fun with this recipe. Just because the recipe is title “tuna” pasta doesn’t mean that the dish will taste exactly like tuna because trust me it won’t but if you add just the right amount of spices you might just get lucky.
This dish serves 4
- Can of chickpeas 400gm
- Chili Powder
- Garlic Powder or two minced garlic bulbs
- Lemon to taste * Suggestion I haven’t tried it yet ( will make a difference in flavour)
- Any tomato based pasta sauce
- Add any extra spices of choice
- 2 handfull of spinach
- Any pasta of choice
- Bring the water to boil
- Drain the chickpeas and put them in a small pot then season with spices along with salt and pepper
- Mix in the spices and let them heat up for a while
- Once the chickpeas are soft you can then start to mush the chickpeas so they become almost like into a paste like texture somewhat similar to canned tuna.
- Add the sauce and mix well let simmer then add spinach and stir
- Add pasta to boiling water
- Once pasta is Al Dente drain the water and add to the sauce
- Serve up with some nutritional yeast.